Ahora Advertising provides top marketing results to clients in the automotive, healthcare, higher education, QSR, sports & entertainment, and local industries. We’re looking for an experienced Digital Media Strategist to join our team to continue to drive growth.
You’ll work closely with various department leaders and data scientist teams to develop and deliver innovative paid media solutions for our (your) clients. Our clients benefit from our experience in core areas of marketing such as branding, customer insights, programmatic media, marketing ROI, digital marketing, pricing, and channel management. We offer a suite of Marketing & Sales solutions and best-in-class technology to enable transparency into paid media solutions, create actionable insights, and deliver optimal performance for clients.
The Digital Media Strategist is a crucial position that requires an individual to work well within a team and be prepared for a fast-paced and detail-oriented environment. This individual is expected to show resourcefulness, exhibit accountability, work independently and demonstrate initiative. As a media strategist, you will own the day-to-day logistics in the strategy, planning, activation, and maintenance of digital media campaigns. Strong attention to detail and aptitude for digital and technology is required.
Ultimately, this role drives innovation at the campaign level, and cultivates key partnerships both internally and externally, to deliver the best digital media opportunities to the client.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
20% - Digital Strategy -- Across display, video, mobile and social channels – owning elements of planning and execution
Collaborates with account and digital team lead for strategy and plan development in areas such as:
- Working knowledge of evaluation and buying tools (i.e. Google Adwords, The Trade Desk, Facebook, etc.) for plan development and reporting
- Participates in brainstorms to kick off planning and consideration set development
- Provides critical thinking and analysis to draw conclusions and construe actionable implications
- Monitors trends, tools, opportunities and applications in digital media environments, and appropriately apply that knowledge (digital media trends and insights)
- Investigates cross-channel opportunities, considering digital channels outside of a silo
- Creates and able to present media specific documents media plans, objectives and strategies decks, and other related functions
25% - Campaign Execution
- Setup campaigns across various digital media platforms, inclusive of programmatic buying technology
- Traffic plan assets such as creative and required tracking tags
- Ensures all tracking is setup in order to effectively monitor campaign performance and report on success of campaigns.
- Set up 3rd party ad server/tracker system (as applicable): follows through to ensure sites are enabled, functioning properly and all creative materials are received
- Executes Quality Assurance (QA) of tracking functionality and creative units to identify and solve any issues
- Creates campaign post launch information such as screenshots, links and placement information to demonstrate proof of placement for clients (as necessary or required)
25% - Campaign Management
Manages budget within self-serve platforms and with 3rd party vendors, tracks pacing and optimizations, adjusting campaign parameters, as needed, for:
- Quality of inventory (blacklists, whitelists)
- Geo parameters
- Max & Min bid thresholds
- Monitors, manages and optimizes self-service paid media across Facebook, The Trade Desk, Google Adwords, etc; includes buy set-up (targeting selections)
- Manages day-to-day communication with key internal and external partners: Vendors, AEAs and Creative
20% - Reporting & Analysis
- Builds campaign performance reporting inclusive of aggregating information from 3rd parties (ie. Viant, as applicable)
- Creates and evaluates campaign effectiveness via reporting and post campaign analysis -- providing an active voice communicating optimization opportunities and challenges
- Cross-sharing insights and findings with digital media team, in effort to leverage learnings across similar clients
- Looking for ways to evolve reporting - both in data reported and insights gleaned
10% - Training & Development
- Develop and bring forth new ideas for creating efficiencies in day-to-day work and processes
- Look for areas of opportunity to educate the greater agency, as it relates to digital media
- Training and mentoring of interns, as applicable (includes QA of work)